Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Proudly Snuffle for Roots and hold your Pigorillian Heads up High.


17.


http://pigorilla.blogspot.com

28/03/2009

Pigorilla Power!

 

It’s small pleasure that none of the murderers that killed Julius Caesar died a natural death! One of his famous policies was public displays of clemency saying in a letter once, “Let this be a new way of gaining victory; let us secure ourselves through mercy and magnanimity!” It appears that he did get a little big for his boots, but for him to die for that reason alone seems a little over the top.

Back to the real world, if it is at all possible to believe the world I’m in is at all real........but you will be pleased to know that a recent study of hermit crabs looks like it has irrefutably discovered that crabs and indeed, all crustaceans as a result, do feel pain. Not only do they feel it, but they can also remember it! I was pleasantly pleased about this study as being a Cancerian by birth; it is close to my heart. In my ignorance, I imagined a team of scientists following Hermit Crabs around waiting for one to stub its toe and measuring the grimace on its face....oh, no....you might be shocked to hear that that is not what happens at all! What they do is they wait for a crab to find a perfectly great shell as a home, and then they attach 220 volts to the shell and see how quickly the crab leaves the shell. Now, I am not a scientist, but if you ask me to put money down on whether a hermit crab will leave its shell after giving it a big shock through its shell, or not........my moneys on the crab scuttling outta there as fast as its little legs can carry it. Interestingly, some would only leave, once a suitable home was presented as an option which does point towards them retaining memory of shock therapy. The only other news from the scientists for which we await is a conclusive report on the existence of Karma for all the people around the world who are merrily boiling live crayfish and lobsters before eating them, who unbeknowingly to themselves are probably turning up the heat in their own lives somewhat more than may be comfortable.

A warm and humid day was greeted with an impatience for it to be finished with having had little sleep due to a strong bout of insomnia. My classes were poorly attended despite the fact that they were free and my day was saved only by the three who attended my eBay class and particularly a little old lady who can literally struggle to tell light from dark and despite the obvious disadvantage she would have working a laptop, having barely used one before, insisted on buying one from me. I tried to talk her out of it, but she was having none of it and gallantly rushed off down the passage bumping off the walls and knocking over furniture to fetch the digital camera she had just bought. She knew where her room was, because it was one hundred and twenty paces down the passage after the door from the atrium on the left (I asked). On trying to show her how you turn it on I was troubled with visions of her trying to take pictures with the laptop and then trying to download them to the camera!  Just in case any of you Pigorillians out there feel that you have problems.....this lady is real.....as are the hermit crabs who keep getting their homes shocked......bring me your problems....no solution that I will give you to your problems will seem like a tenth of this persons reality before she even gets problems.....I often feel like throwing  my lap tops out the window at the moment......what on earth am I going to do when I can’t see them!?!?

Keep snuffling for roots and enjoy the sun....tomorrow I will be cycling along the bay in Acapulco full of tequila holding the Pigorillian flag aloft for all Mexicans to appreciate.

No comments:

Post a Comment