Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Cold Reality of the Pavement.



15.

26/03/2009

Pigorilla Power!

The problem with writing about a life with any kind of graphic detail and emotion is not unlike that of an actor in a movie where, very often, the only way to play the part to the point of excellence, is that one has to not only act that person, but be that person. As a result of that, particularly when it is your own life, it means reliving it. While that is something that sounds like it may make an exhilarating roller-coaster of a story after half a bottle of vodka, the following day (as my friend Ellery would put it), it is time to face the cold reality of the pavement.....and that is something I am not ready for.....

Life on the ship continues unabated with my “Which Camcorder?” class yielding the sale of one Samsung lap-top. Hopefully my “Which Lap-top?” class this afternoon will yield the sale of a camcorder.

Allison, the tours presenter had her birthday last night and everyone poured themselves into the officers wardroom and ripped the living ring out of it....well that’s how it looked from my point of view. In an effort to suck the helium out of the birthday balloons they kept exploding in my face so I gave up and tackled several more vodkas instead.

The clocks just went an hour forward which means an hour’s less rest for me before my next class. Wherever you are and whatever the time, keep your feet on the ground and reach for the stars, and if you’re not happy with that, meet me in Acapulco the day after tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment